Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A genius in disguise

What can I say about this man? Paul Kalbrenner seriously is a genius, he was born in Leipzig, Germany in 1977. Leipzig is located Southwest of Berlin and what I found interesting was that in the 17th century, Leipzig was one of Europe's first city centres of learning and culture in the field of MUSIC! No wonder Kalkbrenner's talented! 

Kalkbrenner even composed the songs of the "Berlin Calling's" soundtrack and he even starred in it! 
The reason I say he is a genius is because I don't think there is anything as beautiful to listen to as his song Sky and Sand. This song was awarded gold in Beligium, broke sales records and maintained its' position in the Top Ten charts for weeks! Just listen to the lyrics and the beat altogether, and you can't help but smile and feel better. But mostly, the reason I am in LOVE with this song is because of its' lyrics just look at the symbolism behind it (by the way, the vocalist is his brother Fritz Kalkbrenner). No matter how many times I listen to this song I can't get sick of it!

Kalkbrenner, please come to Montreal again!

P.S. Click on "Sky and Sand" to listen to this song.

Anyway, here's the lyrics, ladies and gents:

In the night time 
when the world is at it's rest 
you will find me 
in the place I know the best 
dancin', shoutin' 
flyin' to the moon 
(you) don't have to worry 
'cause I'll be come back soon 

and we build up castles
in the sky and in the sand
design our own world
ain't nobody understand
I found myself alive
in the palm of your hand
as long as we are flyin'
All this world ain't got no end 

In the daytime
you wil find me by your side
tryin' to do my best
and tryin' to make things right
when it all turns wrong
there's no fault but mine
but it won't hit hard
'cause you let me shine 

and we build up castles
in the sky and in the sand
design our own world
ain't nobody understand
I found myself alive
in the palm of your hand
as long as we are flyin'
this world ain't got no end


Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx