You all have probably heard of Abu Dhabi when watching the most recent movie, Sex and the City 2. And although it was filmed in Morocco, a lot of the places mentioned, such as Emirates Palace, do exist. Abu Dhabi, which is the capital city of the U.A.E., is the second most populous city after Dubai. I have been to Abu Dhabi a couple of times and over the years it has become increasingly popular as they are coming up with a lot of projects. For instance, Abu Dhabi's Yas Island (which I went to last year). However, a lot more has been built since last year like the Ferrari theme park! And so, when thinking about a plan for New Years Eve, I thought, "Why not get out of Dubai for a night and spend it in Abu Dhabi?" And so, my plan for this New Years Eve is to spend it on the recently-built, Yas Island at the Centro Yas Hotel. Excitement is an understatement as to how I am feeling at this very second! I cannot wait to be laying by the pool side, getting my tan on and sipping on some margaritas! Yum! And afterwards, get the party started! Sounds like a perfect way to end a year and begin a new one!
Several interesting facts about Abu Dhabi:
- This city is on a T-shaped island on the Persian Gulf.
- It is one of the largest oil producers in the world!
- The UAE's flag colors stand for: green for fertility, white for neutrality, black for oil wealth and red for unity.
- Abu Dhabi is one of the wealthiest states in the world.
- 70% of the UAE's wealth is concentrated in this city (Believe it or not)
- It is the largest of all cities within the UAE.
- It was founded in 1761 as a pearl-fishing port.
- The Ferrari world theme park has the fastest roller coaster in the world!
- The Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix can be found on Yas Island (The track can be viewed from your hotel room!)