Saturday, December 25, 2010

Los mejores coches

Ever since I first started driving, my favourite cars have been Jaguars. About ten years ago, my father had purchased the Jaguar s-type and eight years later, I was driving it. The reason I love Jaguars is because of the fact that the steering wheel is so smooth (unlike Mercedes, sorry Merc lovers but it's just not my kinda car) and also because of the power, as soon as you put your foot on the gas pedal you hear the engine roar to life. I am a HUGE fan of driving and when I got my license (on my first trial by the way) I couldn't WAIT to have the key to freedom in my hands. If you really think about it, driving is kind of like freedom on Earth, at times whenever I feel the need to clear my thoughts, I just get into the car and drive wherever the road takes me with the music blasting and the windows down and I end up feeling so much better. And yes, I guess you could call me the female version of Michael Schumacher, that's how confident I am with my driving.

The first time I laid eyes on the Jaguar XF model was in 2007 and I..... FELL IN LOVE! I was so amazed by how high-tech it was! I had never seen a button to start and stop the engine! You don't even need to insert your key! How crazy is that? The dashboard... Oh the dashboard... And the lever! It's a button that you twist from P to D, and it even has a Sports option that includes tiptronic! So imagine my surprise when I got back home and found that this AMAZING car belongs to moi! I've honestly got the best parents in the world! (THANK YOU!)

Several interesting facts about the Jaguar cars:

  • Sir William Lyons was the founder of Jaguar and was founded even before WW2!
  • The invention of disc brakes were introduced by Jaguar.
  • Jaguar cars are known to become better with usage.
  • It is a British manufacturer even though it has been acquired by India's Tata Motors in 2008.
  • Originally, Jaguar was called the Swallow Sidecar Company and built side cars for motorcycles; they started building cars in 1926 and eventually renamed the company Jaguar in 1945.
  • All of Jaguar's engines, ranging from 6- to 12-cylinder models, are designed in-house.
  • The reason behind the running Jaguar logo is to represent the speed and power of their cars. (Trust me, it is powerful)


2 comments:

  1. Good thing you included this in your blog. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahh! I was really happy about it so I figured why not? Hehe... Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx