ALL ABOARD! Let's board a flight to PARADISE! Looking at these pictures makes me crave the heat of the sun on my skin so much right now! Wouldn't it be wonderful to leave all your worries, stress, and life behind and take your soul with you to what can only be described as "Heaven on Earth"??? Le Meridien in Bora Bora provides hotel guests with bungalows with a tropical theme which are either situated on the lagoon or on sand. This hotel has been given a 4 and a half out of 5 star rating, and so far all the reviews I've read say that it is a must-go! Bora Bora is one of the islands surrounding French Polynesia, one of the most common islands is known as Tahiti.
Several interesting facts about Tahiti and the islands of French Polynesia:
- One of the islands known as Moorea, is known for being "The island of love" whereas Bora Bora is known as "The romantic island."
- Back in the day, people of high status in Tahiti practiced archery as a sport.
- The tiare, is the national flower of Tahiti (the white blossom in the collage above)
- If a woman wore a tiare on her left ear it meant that she was taken, wearing it on the right ear would mean she was looking.
- "B" does not exist in the Tahitian language and so Bora Bora is actually "Pora Pora" but early visitors had called it Bora Bora since that's what they had heard.
- The only museum in the world that is dedicated purely to pearls is the Pearl Museum in Tahiti.
- The word "tattoo" originated in Tahiti representing Tohu, the god of tattoo. In Tahiti, tattoos are considered signs of beauty.
- There are no poisonous snakes or insects in the islands of French Polynesia. (YES!!)
- There are more than 4 different languages spoken in the islands of French Polynesia.