Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Applaud the actor

This man is one of the most talented actors in the business! He is profoundly gifted and it shows that he does everything in his power to play his roles right! Fine, I haven't seen all of his movies. But the ones I have seen left me awestruck by his performances! In one of my top 5 movies, The Prestige, he plays Alfred Borden, a magician in a feud with another magician (played by Hugh Jackman) which in the end finds Borden with a spectacular illusion; this movie has been compared to The Illusionist but to me there is NO comparison! I have also seen American Psycho (which won him the ALFS and Chlotrudis award in 2001), The Machinist (which won him the Best Actor award in 2004) - he lost about 29 kilograms in order to play this role! The Dark Knight (as Bruce Wayne) and finally, Public Enemies as Melvin Purvis.

Bale, the youngest of four children, was born in Wales in 1974 to a mother and father of British descent. At only 13 years of age, he became known to the public eye through Steven Spielberg's Empire of the Sun. He enjoyed rugby as a child as well as playing the guitar and BALLET!!! (that's definitely a shocker) One of the influences of his decision to become an actor was his sister, Louise, who works in theater. 

There you have it Ladies and Gents, the gist of this sensational and talented actor. If you haven't watched The Prestige yet, I suggest you go to the nearest Blockbuster or Movieland and rent it ASAP! Trust me, I have seen this movie more than 3 times and I am telling you, it just keeps getting better and better! And tell me what you think peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx