Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hauling over: Revlon

make avatar
I recently went to Pharmaprix AGAIN (I have a love/hate relationship with that drugstore - I love it because everytime I go in there I feel like a kid in a candy store! And I hate it because I go in for one thing and come out with TEN products thus making thy broke) and I bought three Revlon products. I have to say that lately I've been very impressed with Revlon's products, from their nail polish to their lipstick, they have never failed to suit my beauty needs!

My 3 latest buys were:
1.  Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Primrose - 13 CAD (This is one of their new shades and I love it because it is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! The perfect pink matte shade which gives a bit of a shine. It is the same color as MAC's Lady Gaga Viva Glam Lipstick only a TINY bit darker. But hey! It's a super save when it comes to the prices don't cha think?)

2.  Revlon's Powder Blush in Smoky Rose - 10 CAD (I finally own a pink blush! I'm more of a peach-toned/bronze-golden blush kinda gal and I decided to get this blush to go with my new pink lippie! I give this product a 3/5 because I feel that it could have had a more rosy-cheeks impact on my skin. However, I think that it's just like that on me since I'm olive-skin toned. I think it would go better on more lighter/fair skin tone.

3.  Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in Siren - 13 CAD (This is another one of their new shades and I've also been looking for an orange-colored lipstick. Ever since I posted about neon lipstick shades I've been in search for THEE perfect orange lipstick and I've finally found it! All I can say about this product is that it's LIPTASTIC! I'm so glad I waited some time before buying an orange lipstick)
    P.S. What do you think of Revlon's products?

    16 comments:

    1. Nice blog... I'm following you!!! Muahz

      ReplyDelete
    2. Revlon has really surprised me.. My all time favourite lipstick is from Revlon - Love that Red and Cherries in the Snow..

      I've never tried their blushes tho.. Are they long lasting?

      nice blog.. I'm following you now ;)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for visiting my blog (beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com) :)

      I quite like Revlon - their lipsticks and foundations are great, mascaras not so much :P

      Feel free to follow me :)
      xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi, thanks for the comment (makeupblah.blogspot.com).

      I'm still in the search for the perfect pink blush. I'm a coral/peach blush kind of girl, so I find it hard to wear a pink one... **

      ReplyDelete
    5. @MissAvaBaby: Thank you so much! I shall check your blog out soon! :)

      @Delyteful Speaks: Yes! They've surprised me too! I never thought it could be that good and the prices are really good too! Their lipsticks are amazing, I will definitely be buying more of them! And yes they're blushes are long lasting, I've got 3 of their blushes. This one is one of them, another one in 'Blushed' and another in 'Tawny Peach.' Thanks for the follow! :)

      @Miss A: I haven't tried their mascaras, when it comes to mascaras I prefer buying ones that are from big brands as they last longer! Like Maxfactor's false lash effect (my fave mascara)

      @Maria: I know what you mean I'm a peachy blush kinda gal too, I wouldn't recommend this blush to you as you've got a darker skin tone and so do I. I. As I said in my post I think this blush would suit fair skin tones. But as soon as I find THEE perfect pink blush I will review it for sure! Thanks for passing by! x

      ReplyDelete
    6. I like Revlon lipstick in Apricot.
      I'm following you.. Check out my blog too;)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for visiting my blog!! I'm following you :) The Revlon Siren lipstick looks great!

      Joelle
      http://www.februarygirlldn.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thanks for the follow lovely laydies!

      @ Joelle: The Siren shade is really good if you are considering on buying an orange shade (which is a major trend on the runways this s/s 2011) then for sure I would recommend this product!

      xx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Thank you for your lovely comment!
      Followed :D

      ReplyDelete
    10. I love revlon products! especially the lipsticks! Do you know which shade would be one worth buying? Please check out my blog! I'll subscribe to yours if you subscribe to mine! Thanks!

      xoxo,
      Miss Nine West

      http://thebeautyfashionandhealthblog.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    11. @NatalieSecretCode: Thanks for the follow! :)

      @Miss Nine West: Yeah I was really surprised by their products I didn't think it would be that good until I tried it out! They are amazing! Well, it depends what shade you are looking for because honestly they're both worth buying! Thanks for the comment I'll be checking your blog out now :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. I love your review! Thanks!
      New Follower=)
      Please check out my blog and follow!

      http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    13. I'm sooo giving that Revlon blush a try.
      I have a few Revlon lipsticks which I love but I never had the change to try their blush..

      do visit my blog if you have the time.
      http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    14. @H Rija: Thanks so much for the comment and follow! I will check your blog as soon as I can!

      @Hollie: Yes you should definitely try it! Their blushes are great! I'll check out your blog for sure!

      Thanks for the comments ladies :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. Hey! I have to say, I have been impressed with Revlon lipsticks too lately!

      And thanks for the comment on my blog! To answer your question, YES! the colors in the Naked Palette would suit you perfectly...I have an olive complexion too :)

      PS love your blog! im following!

      ReplyDelete
    16. They really are incredible! Thanks so much for the reply and the follow Whitney Laura!! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx