Saturday, February 26, 2011

A million miles away from here

Another Spring/Summer 2011 trend post for you all to dream of (Well... at least I am) I decided to combine a 2-in-1 post. This season's biggest trend is anything that is sheer, and by sheer I mean see-through. And no, not in a slutty way but a very chic way. As you can see in the collage, the skirt is halfway see-through. You could also wear a see through black shirt with a black bra underneath and it won't look anywhere near like those women that stand on street corners late at night... Or even sheer pants! Another trend is midi-length pants and skirts; which is when they reach your ankles/right above your ankles. Imagine wearing this outfit with a high bun and confidence dans vos mains! Another trend I included was the tribal necklace. Tribal necklaces are VERY in right now and I am actually in the process of a secret project that shall be unveiled to you all soon! So stay tuned!
  • Tiffany notes earrings by Tiffany & Co. - 345 CAD
  • Uta set of nine brass and bone bracelets - 69 CAD
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha leather bag - N/A (I've always wanted a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag!)
  • Giles & Brother's Luxor Necklace - 1,430 CAD (Isn't it FAB?!)
  • Petites sheer midi skirt from Miss Selfridges - 35 CAD (A similar one can be seen on Halle Berry)
  • Ivory vintage satin tee by Dorothy Perkins - 41 CAD (So that it tones down the outfit enough to wear casually but the satin still makes it dressy)
  • Driven18 Peep Toe Wedge Booties in beige - 49 CAD (Love love love 'em)
P.S. What do you think of the new sheer trend? Slutty/Chic?

12 comments:

  1. i actually really, really like this outfit idea! i just wish that necklace wasn't so expensive... oh, well. and that skirt is very pretty! i don't know how i feel about long skirts yet as i am really short but that outfit definitely looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is pretty expensive, a lot of the stuff that I show on my blog may be costly but it is only to give an idea to my readers of how to wear and outfit. You can always find something similar. And I definitely know what you mean, I'm short too but it's see-through so it won't make you look tiny. That's the beauty of sheer! ;)

    Thanks for the comment Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This look is really beautiful. I love the combination and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love love love with those shoes!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is an elegant collections for summer,I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. l love sheer maxi skirts, when worn right youll never sense the slutiness about them. its very feminine to me ;)

    beautiful combination
    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/

    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much ladies!

    @Lydz xX: I think so too!! Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I can't wait to see what new looks you have for your reader's in the future. I just love the way to collaborate the looks.

    -Amber
    throwitinthebagfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Indra and Amber! Lots more S/S 12 trends to come REAL soon! Your comments are very much appreciated! Thanks for the visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crisp and chic!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! Thanx for stopping by! :)
    xo
    Elisabetta

    http://breadbutterandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx