Saturday, March 19, 2011

Admiring: J.K. Rowling

 I know I've been M.I.A. for the past few days but I assure you there is a reason and soon enough you'll all find out: very special confidential project. So yesterday, I spent most of my day reading and watching interviews about J.K. Rowling and how she came up with the whole idea of the wizarding world.

If there is anyone that I admire most in this world, it is definitely J.K. Rowling (also known as Joanne Kathleen Rowling) and the reason for that is because her brilliant mind is pure genius. For a person to build up a world of her own with unique characters and to come up with a language of her own, how can anyone not look up to this woman! She gave everyone the ability to imagine and see what was going on in her mind the day her train got delayed by four hours. (Yes, that was the birth of Harry Potter) Every single description and explanation she gives in the book has so much detail that you are able to see everything she talks about so vividly! It took her almost 17 years to write the whole Harry Potter series! And what a FANTASTIC job she did; it may have taken her a while but the best thing you can be is patient when it comes to imagination.

Harry Potter was actually my stepping stone into the world of books. I never had been interested in books before, and J.K. Rowling gave me that ability to enjoy reading. I have read all her books more than twice each and I intend to keep reading them over and over again and eventually pass it on to my next generation. After reading her 7th book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - which I read in 47 hours by the way) I literally cried. I was honestly so sad by the fact that never again would I be able to walk the halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, or explore the depths of the Forbidden Forest with Harry and his friends.

I'm going to leave you all with a speech given by J.K. Rowling to a graduating class of Harvard University. Be warned: make sure you've got 20 minutes to spare.

J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement from Harvard Magazine on Vimeo.

P.S. Have any of you read the books? If so, which was your favorite? (Mine was definitely the 4th)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx