Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Applaud the actress

 Just recently, I've been watching a lot of movies that Natalie Portman stars in. And what I've realized is that no matter what genre of movie she's in; whether it's a comedy, drama or even thriller, she plays the role SO perfectly it is INCREDIBLE how much of an amazing actress she is! She definitely deserves all the recognition that she's getting! She is currently one of my favorite actresses and I am usually a hard critic when it comes to judging who is a good actor/actress. I judge them based on how much they put themselves into the mindset of the character they are playing.

I've seen Natalie Portman in one of my Top 5 favorite movies, V for Vendetta (as you may have already read from my blog), Anywhere but here, Closer, Black Swan and No strings attached. And in each and every single one of these movies she gave an outstanding performance! And if you don't believe what I say, well then check out her awards yourself, for Black Swan, alone, she won SIXTEEN awards!
Natalie Portman, who was born in June 9th, 1981, in Jerusalem, spoke Hebrew before she learnt English. Her real name is Natalie Hershlag, Portman was her grandmother's maiden name. She was discovered at a pizza parlor at the age of 11, which just goes to show you that you can get discovered anywhere, anyhow. So look alive! Natalie Portman has been dancing since the age of four years old, which really helped out with her role in the Black Swan. 

Now listen to this... What I really respect about Natalie Portman is that she went to university, and not just ANY university... Harvard University! She got a B.A. degree in Psychology. But that's not the part I respect... She said that she didn't care if going to university ruined her career, she would rather be smart than a movie star! Which is what a lot of actresses fail to think about these days. She's not only smart, but extremely talented too!

P.S. What do you think about Natalie Portman? Which movie did you like her in best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx