Monday, March 7, 2011

Library lovin'

I was looking through a couple of libraries around the world and this one caught my eye! I can be a bit of a geek sometimes and so when I came across this library I had to share it with all my other geek peeps that feel me!

Salt Lake City in Utah, USA, has a public library available to all and is one of the tourist attractions to be seen while visiting Salt Lake City! It is AMAZING because first of all it is HUGE! Second, it has music playing on every floor (not distracting music) and they have a strict no blocking of sites rule (of course, this rule should not be taken advantage of by pervs) And anyone who does take advantage of it, you WILL get caught as the computers are monitored.
This public library opened in February 2003 and is 6 stories tall with shops and services at ground level and a 300-seat auditorium. It provides more than 500,000 books and materials. It's also got a research center AND an audiovisual and technology center where you can browse through DVDs, art prints and slides and many more!

I would LOVE to just sit in this library for a WHOLE day and look through old Vogues and new ones too! Maybe even look through some art and browse their centers! *sigh* Imagine how much you could get done and how much information can soak into your brain after spending a whole day in this library!

P.S. What do you think of this library? Are there any libraries that you've been to that you like? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx