Monday, March 14, 2011

Mister 'V'

I recently watched V for Vendetta and I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen it before! It has gone on to my top 5 favorite movies list! It is about a "superheroin" known as V who goes against the government because of how they control everything and provide false information to all citizens. But as the story goes deeper it is a more personal reason. And soon enough, he comes across an ally, Evey (who is played by Natalie Portman)

This movie is honestly GENIUS! Done by the creators of the Matrix Trilogy, directed by James McTeigue and written by Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski. Just the way everything was done and portrayed in the movie was really good. At the beginning though, I must admit I was kind of lost since I didn't know ANYTHING about what this movie was about. Later on though, I understood, and it was incredible! I suggest you all to watch it with subtitles though if you haven't already seen it so that you can appreciate what V says throughout the movie more. The way he speaks is so formal yet so creative. And as usual, Natalie Portman NAILED the part!

For instance, when he explains to Evey who he is, he says, "Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V".

However, I have to say that one of my favorite quotes from the movie is: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! This movie is a MUST-SEE! I will leave you all with a trailer:


P.S. Has anyone heard about this movie or seen it? If so, what did you think? Or what have you heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx