Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sketchy brides

Lately it seems like I have no time to do anything at all. Twenty minutes feels like five, and an hour feels like twenty minutes... I don't know whether it's because I need the time more than ever right now (and life is playing games with me) or because I'm having fun (while stressing out about all the upcoming projects due) With that said, I have decided to share with you all a part of the reason I've been M.I.A. For one of my class projects, I have to create a bridal collection according to the trends for Spring/Summer 2012. Obviously, they are not out yet which means I had to do some research according to this season's trends to forecast what they might be then.

This includes trend research, fabric research, color trends and of course, marketing research (which includes a very detailed section of who my target market is and pricing strategies) In the end, a color board has to be put together along with these sketches. 

THE ARIEL
Bandaged wedding dress with lace and silk-chiffon.

 THE TWO-TONED ROSE BUD
Two-toned wedding dress including fancy ribbon ivory fabric for the train.

 ELEGANTE
A copy of Carolina Herrera's S/S 11 wedding dress with a few alterations such as the fit from the top and longer train. Check it out here - Top 4th from the left.

PRINCESSA
A copy of Reem Acra's S/S 11 wedding dress, again, with minor adjustments such as the lower bustline, gartered silk for a "waistbelt" look and more volume at the bottom. Check out the original design here - Bottom right.

LA SHEER
Out of all the sketches, I'd have to say that this one is my favorite of the bunch. Tight-fitting silk wedding dress with a sheer voile fabric and large embroidered roses at the bottom.

P.S. Which wedding dress do you like most?

2 comments:

  1. I love the first and last one the best :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is my second choice after the last! Thank you Nora! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx