Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The deepest of them all


Nemo 33 is where the deepest pool on Earth is located. It is found in Brussels, Belgium and is 105 FEET DEEP! It was designed by John Beernaerts around 13 years ago but had been launched in 2004. It was built to look like an underwater building complex; with tunnels and chambers. If you look in the collage, it even has windows that you can look through to see scuba divers in action. It is known to be one of the best places for beginner scuba divers to learn.

Apparently, if you are diving in this pool alone without any guided help you could get lost! How scary is that?! Personally, I don't think I could ever do this, I feel like going through that deep hole would make me feel claustrophobic? You get the picture... I'd rather swim in the ocean/sea than go through that. As a kid I always had a fear of thinking that somehow a monster would come beneath me whenever I'd be swimming in a pool. So this would definitely give me jitters; I'd rather watch from the bar/restaurant while everyone else dives.

Watch this video to explore what goes on beyond the dark, creepy hole...

P.S. What do you think, would you want to visit Nemo 33?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx