For this post, I am taking pride in a part of my heritage and introducing successful Filipinas and Filipinos that you might have heard of and not known that they have some Filipina blood in them. I was actually shocked by some! WOOHOO PINOY POWER! (Can u sense my pride? lol) So let's get to it, shall we?
- Shannyn Sossamon - You might recognize her from 40 days and 40 nights, or A Knight's Tale too. Listen to this: she is of Hawaiian, French, Dutch, Irish, Filipino and German heritage. For sure, reading that, no doubt it will be a good turn out!
- Sharon Leal - She can be seen in Dream Girls, a few episodes of Private Practice and Hellcats. Her mom is Filipina and her father is African-American. I saw her on Private Practice but honestly had no idea that she was part Filipina.
- Monique Lhuillier - The infamous bridal designer. Bet you didn't know that she was part Filipina (Well, at least I didn't until right now) Her father is French and her mother is Filipina of Spanish descent. One thing you have to know though is that Filipinos all have some sort of Spanish blood in them. And I have to say: She is GORGEOUS!
- Tia Carrere - She plays Nani's voice in Lilo & Stitch! And she can also be seen in True Lies with Arnold Schwarzenegger (I always have problems spelling his last name) She is Hawaiian-born but of Chinese, Filipina, and Spanish descent.
- Nicole Scherzinger - We all know her as the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls, and one of the hottest women alive! Right? Her father is the Filipino one and her mother is Hawaiian/Spanish. And I thought I was a weird mix...
- Vanessa Minnillo - MTV personality and host who is undoubtedly Filipina! You can see it in her looks however, there is a mix involved. Her father is Irish-Italian. She's also known for her very public relationship with Nick Lachey.
- Cassie - also known as Cassandra Ventura. The very talented singer who sings, Long way to go and Me & You. Now she's the opposite of Sharon Leal; Her father is the Filipino one and her mother is African-American.
- Vanessa Hudgens - And of course, we all know the lovely Vanessa Anne Hudgens from High School Musical (guilty pleasure) She is also a cocktail mix, as I like to call it. Her father is Irish-Native American and her mother is Chinese-Spanish-Filipina.
Next, let's move on to the men!
- Manny Pacquiao - Of course, his highness, Mr. Pacquiao, not only is he a professional boxer, but he's a politician too! And he dropped out of school due to poverty and look where he is now. He is our country's pride and joy! Fully Filipino might I add.
- Cris Judd - Famous Hollywood choreographer also known for his temporary marriage to Jennifer Lopez. His father is Portuguese while his mother is Filipina. He can be seen as a backup dancer in JLo's song, Love Don't Cost a Thing. (Confession: I was extremely obsessed with this song back in the day)
- Steven R. McQueen - For those of you who don't know him, he plays the role of Jeremy Gilbert in The Vampire Diaries. Although he is only 1/4 Filipino (probably even less) I wanted to put him in just to show a variety of our people (It kind of sounds like I'm talking about aliens doesn't it?) His grandmother, Neile Adams, was half Filipina from both her mother and father's side. So he is a cocktail mix consisting of English, German, Spanish, Filipino, and Chinese.
- Rob Schneider - The comedian we all know and love. Known for acting in Deuce Bigalow and The Hot Chick. I was pretty shocked when I realized he was half Filipino (his mother's side) and his father is German.
- Apl.de.ap - Also known as Allan Pineda Lindo, Jr. is one of the group members in the Black Eyed Peas. His mother is Filipina and his father is African-American.
- Darren Criss - Another shocker! The actor who plays the role of Blaine Anderson in Glee. He doesn't look Filipino at all and yet he is half (his mother) and half Irish (his father). HE IS BEAUTIFUL!
- Brandon 'The Truth' Vera - UFC fighter that competes in the light heavyweight division. His father is Filipino while his mother is Italian-American.
- Bruno Mars - Of course, I saved the best for last. If you have read my previous entry of the amazing Mr. Mars, you'll know that his mother is Filipina while his father his Puerto Rican. And yes, I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with him and I am making a vow from now: I shall be acquainted with him in person! One day... One day... (Ok, I'm starting to sound creepy now)
P.S. Is there anyone in these collages that you were shocked to have found out were of Filipino race? If so, who?