Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Polish Lovin' Post: Lightening


I know I've been a little MIA lately, but I promise in two weeks time I will be back on track and posting non-stop. I've had a lot of projects due this past week and very little beauty sleep, and next week the final exams start... So it is going to be a little quiet here in Carpe-Diem13. On the plus side, since I have been gone I have come up with a lot of interesting topics to bring up with you all for this summer. So stay tuned!

For now, here is one of the nail varnishes that I am going to be wearing throughout this summer, Sally Hansen's INSTA-DRI Fast Dry Nail Color in Lightening. I am completely head over heels in love with this color because it is PERFECT for this season, it's very eye-grabbing and if paired up with the right clothes, can be used to color block. For instance, you could wear a purple top and light jeans and your nails would complete the look. 

Another reason why I loved this product so much is because it really does dry instantaneously without giving that matte texture, which gives it more points as I am always on the go and I hate waiting for my nails to dry. Give it 10 minutes tops and you can apply your top coat and it's done!

I am definitely going to be purchasing a lot more of Sally Hansen's INSTA-DRI now that I have tested out how fast it actually dries.

P.S. Have you tried this brand of nail polish? What do you think of it?

5 comments:

  1. great post :)
    loving the neon yellow!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all for your comments! It's definitely the nail color for this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, to answer your Q:

    AW, that's a bummer that there are no Orly polishes around your area. OK, so I researched and this is what I found. Cheap alternative: ELF 'blush'. Spendier side: Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Satin Gold, Yves Saint Laurent La Laque Nail Lacquer in 140 Pink Gold, Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Django, and Nars Nail Polish in Adelita. Good luck on finding some! I think you can probably find Orly for cheap on amazon.com too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to look for it! I already noted them down on my makeup shopping list, definitely going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx