Thursday, November 3, 2011

1 year blogiversary post (slit skirts)

Click to enlarge.
I can't believe that it's been a year since I started this blog, time flew by. I still remember the day I decided to start up. I had just started in Fashion school, and I was willing to do anything to prove that I could keep up this blog. And indeed, I succeeded, except for a few summer months... Oopsy. At least I'm still going at it right? 

One of this season's trends in skirts are maxi skirts with slits. When I was younger I was in LOVE with this trend! At the mere age of ten years old, I had asked my nanny's friend to sew me one (she was real good) and when she had showed me the final product, I was ecstatic! So imagine how I felt when I found out that they're back in 2011! I love that these skirts are so versatile, you can dress them up or down. It's classy yet sexy all at once. A little skin never hurt anyone, right? I am especially in love with Marc Jacobs' approach with the knit cardigan! Oh, and for those of you who aren't following me on Twitter, Haider Ackermann is thee BOMB! If you haven't already seen his Fall/Winter collection I suggest you do right now na na!

P.S. What do you think of slit skirts? How would you wear it?

2 comments:

  1. I love the way A Wang styled his silk, shredded skirt with an oversized sweater for an ultra chic, yet easy look. Love it!

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! Thanks for the comment Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx