Saturday, November 26, 2011

HOPE


While doing a project for my Visual Presentation class, I came across Mugler's RTW Spring 2012 collection. I'm in love with the minimalistic and asymmetrical features that the clothes have. And the cutouts of the clothes are in all the right places giving them a provocative yet classic look. I, especially, love the skinny pants with triangle ends! (3rd look from the right)

 When looking at the collection as a whole, I feel like it is reminiscent of desert sand dunes. And when I researched it, I found that the creative director, Nicola Formichetti, did in fact get his influence from the notion of "the desert and its fluidity" and from the films, "Dune" and "Zabriskie Point." Taking the sixties to a more modern/futuristic level. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye out for Mugler for the next season's to come.

P.S. Follow me on my Twitter account to check out the Mugler beauty look!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful collection, Im all about minimalism right now!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're into minimalism you should definitely check out Lanvin's Spring 2012 collection or even check out T by Alexander Wang's Fall/Winter 2011 collection.

    What I love about minimalistic clothes is how simple it can be but yet so stylish despite its monochromatic scheme!

    Thanks for the comment Nina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx