Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Moon River

Click to enlarge.

I've grown bored of repeatedly painting my nails one color, I've decided to be a lot more creative when it comes to my nails (given the time, of course) And so I came up with a new approach to doing the "french manicure" Instead of just a natural-color base, I used American Apparel's nail lacquer in "Echo Park" which is a gorgeous neutral grey, which is a color I have not been able to find with any other nail polish company. 

Just for the record, I am not a fan of American Apparel. Although I think it is a very smart strategy to sell all the basics and trending styles in every kind of color, I find that it is overpriced for the quality of clothing that they provide. Studying in fashion, I've learnt that the clothing they provide actually have a shrinkage finishing added to them to purposely make you buy more! And come on Dov Charney, mature up...

For the tips, I used Sally Hansen's "Celeb City" which is a silver-glittered shade.

P.S. I am going to be trying a couple more approaches to the french nails, any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I like doing hot pink with silver tips or a very light pink/lavender & deep blue tips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx