Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Once upon a time

LaSalle Magazine Photoshoot
So, here is one of the photo shoots in which I did the makeup for. We only had time for one makeup look and so I had to pick something that was trendy at the time (this shoot was done back in April for Spring) yet something that would suit all the outfits. So I opted for lavender eyeshadow with black liquid liner, flicked at the end. And contoured the models cheeks to accentuate her gorgeous cheek bones and applied a peach-toned blush from Inglot. And, for the lips, I had lined them first and then applied "Nude Delight" by Rimmel on her lips using a lip brush in order for the lipstick to really sink in to her lips and, also, to make them last longer.

Overall, I had a lot of fun doing this photo shoot, I absolutely ADORED being the makeup artist. Only problem was that the hairdresser and I were under stress due to lack of time. So I got a bit of a taste of what actual makeup artists must feel when working behind the scenes of a fashion show/shoot. Nevertheless, it gave me a certain rush, and I definitely want to be doing this more.

P.S. I would really love some feedback, what do you think of this look?

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool! how did you get to do the photoshoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had to do it for the school magazine, so we basically asked this boutique here in Montreal if we could use their store for a photoshoot, and in return we would put their logo on to the magazine. It's good publicity for them so for sure they said yes. We also asked a hair salon if they were willing to do the same and so that is where I did the makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look is stunning! cograts on your first mua job/shoot :) really good choice on the lavender and flicked eye liner with the nude lips it suits her really well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx