Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You're my wonderwall

Alexander Wang Fall/Winter 2010 collection
www.style.com
The photo above shows a metallic silver long-sleeve cropped sweater (I know it doesn't show because she's wearing the same colored top underneath, trust me though, I did my research) Crop tops have been seen a lot these past couple of years. Whether they're long sleeve tops, sweaters or even your basic vest. I found a similar one to Alexander Wang's at H&M, and of course, purchased it without question.

I remember when I was back home, a friend and myself had gone shopping, and there were loads of crop-tops on sale. And I don't think I can ever forget her saying, "I find crop-tops useless!" I didn't know whether to take it as an insult or not because I had been wearing one the night before! But to each his own, right? Nevertheless, I (as usual) have to prove my point and show that crop-tops can be very versatile. So I've prepared 3 very different looks using my H&M cropped sweater. 

All aboard?


What I love about this look is that it gives it that sort of Indian-Sari look since it kind of shows off a bit of the upper half of your stomach. Feeling kinda like a princess in the second photo, I'd pick maxi over mini skirts anyday! Since it's a casual look I decided not to go all out on accessories and just wear a simple long-chain silver necklace.


The best thing about pairing a shirt with a cropped-sweater is how formal it makes you look. I love how the shirt I'm wearing is longer from the back than the front giving a sort of male tailcoat effect. I didn't want to wear a necklace with this look since I wanted the collar of the shirt to stick out of the sweater. So, I tied my hair back in a simple ponytail and opted for big earrings instead.



If you're going to a party, don't be afraid to go all out with the colors! Of course, you've got to add some monotone colors to your outfit to stable out the patterns and the metallic and bright colors. I used a vest in grey to cool down the sweater and black heels to ease down the patterns and bright colors.

And those are my 3 looks using the H&M cropped sweater. I find that you can have so much fun layering cropped tops and sweaters.

What's your verdict?! A oui or non to crop-tops?

P.S. If you want to see my makeup up close click here.

2 comments:

  1. I effing love look number 3. Everything looks fab, but number three is superb styling love. I die for prints. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankkkss you bebe! Haha look 3 is SO something I could see u wearing btw! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx