Sunday, February 19, 2012

Suavemente




'

If you guys follow me on Twitter, you'll know that a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be a part of a wonderful photo shoot for my school magazine featuring the clothes made by remarkable up-and-coming Montreal fashion designer, Vfranz Bernil. In which I got to do the makeup for. *does a little dance*

I had two different looks in mind. However, as you can see, the photo shoot was held outdoors in -11 degree Celsius weather. So we could only afford to do one look. And so, since most of her outfits consisted of sophisticated/sexy looks, I opted for a smouldering, smoky eye with a slight wing to it, and gave her a red lip. I did my best to make her eyebrows as thick as I possibly could, but there's only so much you can do to thin eyebrows... I continued on to contouring her cheeks with bronzer and slightly applied some peachy blush and used NARS' orgasm highlighter. Oh, and I applied loads and loads of mascara! The main focus of this look is the smoky eyes! So definitely needed some thick, volumized lashes!

P.S. Sorry for the quality of the photos, my scanner isn't too amazing.

Fun fact: The last outfit was inspired by Lana del Rey's - Blue Jeans

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great girl! Photo's are Phenomenal! Question tho! What foundation do you use on your clients? Tell me pls? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Well it all depends on the model's skin, I find that the best foundations in general are Bourjois' healthy mix foundation or their 10 hour sleep effect foundation is phenomenal!

    It really depends what kind of skin you have too... The healthy mix has a thicker consistency and its more gel-based, so if you need a lot of coverage, this is definitely the product for you... And it's got vitamins in it! Which is amazing, I usually use this one when I feel like I have a few breakouts...

    However, the 10-hr sleep effect one has a lighter consistency and doesn't give that much coverage, I usually opt for this one when I feel like my skin is glowing and I have nothing to hide lol.

    In this case, because I asked the model what kind of skin she has (oily, subject to breakouts = sensitive skin, dry skin, etc...) And she told me she had very sensitive skin and she doesn't usually use foundation, so I went with healthy mix because the 10-hour sleep effect foundation has got some scents, and usually any product that has scents causes breakouts and normally it's not something I would use for someone with sensitive skin.

    Hope this answers your question Chicgurl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im really loving the last dress!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx