Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confidence is the key Pt. 2


I've written a post before on how extremely important it is to have confidence and faith in yourself. And while this might be repetitive, I can't stress it enough. The reason for this is because I have met and have been continuously meeting so many beautiful and smart ladies who have no self-confidence whatsoever. And it drives me crazy because everyone has got a certain characteristic that is overwhelmingly unique, or as the French put it, a certain “je ne sais quoi” and women just don’t see it. And most of the time, it is because a certain man in their lives has failed to see how special the girl by their side is.

            So ladies, I’ve got a bone to pick with you all. That should never, ever be the reason you lower yourself to a standard you don’t belong to. Why is it that a man needs to define your happiness? Isn’t there something terrible in the thought that that is why you are unhappy? Why can’t YOU just be enough for yourself?

            There are so many other delights in this world that doesn’t involve the opposite sex. For instance, travelling. Just pick up your suitcases and leave. It doesn’t even have to be across an ocean, or even across a bridge. Head to the nearest city close by you and get lost, whether it’s with friends or by yourself, just do it and indulge in what life has to offer and you never know what it might surprise you with. Not satisfied with the thought of travelling? How about reading a book that interests you? Until recently, I hated reading books, unless it was Harry Potter or the Twilight Saga. Yes, shame on me for even admitting I like wizard and vampire fiction, but that’s besides the point. The point is that everyone has got to read books to stimulate their cognitive thinking into progressing one’s knowledge capacity. It’s the little things in life that make a big difference.


          And as selfish as this sounds, focus on yourself and go above and beyond the horizon of your capabilities. Just step outside of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to do something you have never done before or never even thought of doing. Not good at painting or drawing? Give it a shot and see what you can come up with. And don’t get so frustrated if you can’t do it right, trying something new takes time to attain. Trust me I know, I’m a Taurus, patience is one of our negative qualities. But just keep in mind that you’re trying and it doesn’t have to be perfect.

            I know you’re all probably thinking, “How does all this relate to confidence?” Well, by doing so, you build up your self-esteem because you end up realizing that you can do so much more than you ever thought you could ever accomplish. I guarantee it.

And what does this have to do with men? Nothing. Nothing at all. A man in the equation pulls you back from achieving any success. The way I see it is you're being unfaithful with yourself by cheating with a man. I say this because there are so many emotional highs and lows when you are in a relationship that you don’t have time to concentrate on yourself or have enough energy to just be… That’s if you even know who you are at all while you’re in one…

            Maybe it’s my own cynicism of love, or men for that matter, that is being biased. However, it is exactly the reason I have been perfectly happy without a man in my life. I love that I am able to see the finer things in life without having a man validate my reasons for happiness. And I love that I can challenge myself everyday with the unexpected twists and turns around this maze of a world that leads to uncertainty. I say uncertainty because who knows what’s to come… Just enjoy life one day at a time, and live it to the fullest. Carpe Diem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx