Saturday, March 24, 2012

Liaison Magazine


I don't think I have ever been so sleep-deprived in my life like I have for the past two weeks. It's crazy how much school affects you and your well-being. I've constantly been working on projects and as soon as I can I will post them up! The one above is the latest I'm working on and I am treating it like my baby.

For one of the MANY projects I've got, we are required to do our own magazine which will then be showcased to people in my school. However, we had to come up with a theme that would differentiate our magazines from the regular magazines already being sold on the market. We couldn't just talk about the latest trends in fashion, beauty, etc... We had to have something that had a competitive advantage over the magazines being distributed. 

After a lot of brainstorming, we came to a conclusion of combining the traditional magazines that show the latest trends with an underlying theme of this generation's addiction: Technology.

And thus, Liaison was born. Liaison is a french-derived word meaning "a close bond or connection" And let's face it, when it comes to the 21st century, we've all got a liaison with technology.

So for this project, I'm actually the Editor as well as the Layout Director. And honestly, I never thought constructing a magazine was so difficult. Especially when it comes to editing work that people write. Not to mention the amount of hours it takes to do a layout for a single page!

So, the picture above was just a sample of what the front cover could have looked like. The one below is my ultimate masterpiece.

And there you have it ladies, Liaison Magazine coming soon to Salle Jean-Paul Morin April 2012.

I will post some of the articles I wrote as soon as it has been launched.

P.S.: The barcode on the right hand bottom corner actually works, for all you IPhone or Android users, try scanning it for yourselves!

2 comments:

  1. apples! this is AMAZING :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youuuuu Appleyyy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx