Friday, April 27, 2012

I've Fallen

I've been experimenting with my hair in several ways as of late in order to minimize use of heat. My hair has started becoming increasingly dry and I have purchased all the necessary products to prevent it from happening, such as heat-protecting sprays and chemical-free hair masks and even massaging oil into my scalp and leaving it on 10 minutes before showering. That's not to say it hasn't been working, but I decided to give my hair a "detox" from all this unnecessary heat.

And thus, this efficient heat-free style was born. For all you women on-the-go that feel as though there isn't enough time in one day to finish all your projects (whether it is school or work) this really is a time-saver, as you do it the night before and wake up to beautiful voluminous curls, woot woot! Say bye to bed-hair! 


All you'll need is: a bunch of elastic hair ties/elastic bands. Yes, that's all!

However, you'll have to make sure your hair is a bit wet, the way I do it is after I've showered, I allow my hair to dry off a bit, until it is only slightly damp. Then I proceed to do these steps:

Step 1: Part your hair into 6-7 sections around your hair and twist each section into little buns and tie with an elastic hair tie/ elastic band.

Then, I usually sleep with them still tied until morning. If you want to do this during the day, then you've got to leave it on for a minimum of 3 hours. But I highly recommend doing it at night because the longer you keep them in a bun, the longer the curls will last and the more voluminous it will be.

Step 2: Once you've woken up from your perfect beauty sleep, un-tie the buns and you should get something as shown in the picture above, it's not going to be a pretty sight, and you might have a mini panic attack, but chill! Because.... I've still got one more step for you!

Step 3: Comb through your hair using your fingers and VOILĂ€! You get the OPTION A look!

Now, to get a more relaxed voluminous curls look, you've got to repeat Step 3, except instead of using your fingers, use a brush/an actual comb and VOILĂ€ the OPTION B look! 

It's always fun trying something new, not to mention something incredibly healthy for your hair, especially for us beauty lovers, we do so much to our hair already that sometimes it's good to give your hair a break. And I'm VERY proud to state that I've only used heat on my hair twice for this whole month! That's a big deal considering I usually straighten/curl my hair more than 4 times per week!  

3 comments:

  1. I just dyed my hair and dont want to be using alot of heat either, this was a helpful post - i will defo try this and let you know what i think :)

    Btw the necklace you asked about on my blog is from topshop, got it recently so they will still have it in store ;)

    If you like lets follow eachother xxx

    http://high-heel-suucide.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very very cool! You are so cute, i love your hair!

    http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shamila : Yes yesssss! Let me know what you thought of it and if it worked! Yayyy! :)

    @Anya : Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx