Saturday, May 5, 2012

Deeper into the vibe


When I saw these three outfits on the runway for Oscar de la Renta's Spring 2012 Ready-to-wear collection, I immediately got an image of Carrie Bradshaw because of the big, curly hair and the volume of the dress. And I started to research just which episodes of Sex and the City I had seen these silhouettes in. And I found the 3 outfits above. And comparing it to the runway looks, the silhouettes and volumes are all really similar!

There should be a new quote when one sees a runway look similar to those found of Sex and the City, "Honey, that's so Sarah Jessica Parker circa Sex and the City!" or with any of the other characters for that matter.

Nevertheless, these Oscar de la Renta evening gowns are so gorgeous, it makes me want to goto a ball or a gala just looking at them! They also remind me of close up shots of roses because of the way the taffeta fabric is structured to create volume.

I've got to say though, the colors are what captivated me the most! I picture myself wearing the mustardy-yellow one with some red lipstick and a metal bar enveloppe clutch in black and black strappy sandals. Heart, heart, heart! Anyone up for going to a ball? Or just "casually" going on a date or strolling the streets of an unknown city in an evening gown? Let's all pull a Carrie Bradshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx