Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lavender fields


I was extremely inspired by 3.1 Phillip Lim's collection that featured pastel colors for this Spring/Summer that I felt like making a mood board to tickle your pickles! I even made color swatches with adorable names to match. Every color's got to have a cute name! If there's one thing my favourite teacher taught me it was just that.

I loved how Lim's collection featured supple to stiff fabrics, there was a sort of translucence about most of the garments, which I adored! The colors he featured was reminiscent of lavender fields, Laudurée's macarons, pistachio ice cream on a cone and a beautiful blue landscape from the top of a mountain. At least, that's what his outfits made me think of. And I think I'm pretty much on par with the colors of the outfit.

The funny thing is that after I had done the mood board as well as the collage, I realized that I was wearing a lavender robe! So all this inspiration was probably my subconscious mind telling me something.


The robe is an original "Her Confidence" design. My friend, Farah, is currently studying to be a fashion designer, so she made this robe for me for my birthday last year. It's a kimono-styled robe. You will always find me wearing it on rainy/gloomy days when I'm on my couch. Love its coziness! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the 3.1 Phillip Lim's collection and the lavender. I really have gotten into the pastels this spring also. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I feel like pastels are so subtle and soft and can be cute or sexy! Thanks for the comment :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx