Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ripley


As usual, my addiction of cute packaging and little pots and sticks filled with pinks, peaches and dusty roses. Not to mention some rainbow caviar. I'm itching just thinking about applying them on! 

Yes... I've got a problem, and probably should consult a therapist. I'll put that on my list of things to do, for now I'm going to keep obsessing over this addiction. 

So the reason I've declared these products to be summer must-haves is because there are days where I feel like putting on minimal amount of makeup because of the heat and also because I just want to go out into the sun as fast as possible. It's very rare that the sun comes out here in Montreal so when it does, I just want to grab my things, apply a lil' somethin' somethin' and leave mi casa. 

Nails:
At first, I wasn't too keen on Ciaté's caviar nail polish just because I saw the black one first, and it looked too much... I mean, who would want fish eggs on their nails? But when I saw this one I fell head over heels in lust! It looks like little sprinkles you put on top of your ice cream or frozen yoghurt mmmmm.... Common ladies, sprinkle yourselves! (Sorry, I've recently seen How to lose a guy in 10 days and I loved the whole "frost yourselves" slogan in it so I've been waiting for a time that I could give it a shot... Faaaaail.)

Eyes:
I found the packaging of this mascara SO adorable... It looks like it's a lipgloss from the outside but when you've opened it... Oh looky what we got here, A SKINNY MASCARA! I usually opt for mascara's with a thick brush, but I can't help it, this one looks too appealing.

Lips:
For lips, I find this to be such a perfect color for an au-naturelle look. And the best thing about it is that it's matte. Why is it a good thing? Because matte lipsticks usually stay put! Which is amazing for when your out and about!

Cheeks:
For cheeks, as you can see, I've chosen 3 products because I honestly couldn't pick just one! I want them all, all, all! (Muahahah) No, but seriously, they're all different shades... Korres' cheek butter packaging is so cute and the color is honestly unlike any other I've seen. It's like a very unique mix of pink and brown. Like some pottery vase. YSL's crème de blush is a nice peach shade for those extremely summery days which you could pair with a peach lippy or even a pink one. Love it! Edward Bess' is actually for both cheeks and lips which gives a woman the exact look of what his packaging represents... minimalistic.

4 comments:

  1. great list! I really want to try the nail polish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it adorable!? I can't wait to enter a Sephora again just to buy these babies!

      Delete
  2. Hey doll,
    What a cool post ☺ You have an awesome blog, loving it’s aesthetic! The overall style is really nice and something I can relate to, we definitely have similar taste and it would be cool if we could follow each other?! I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog and really glad a did, I will be checking back soon.
    I would also like to invite you to my ‘promote your blog’ challenge I have featured on my blog, where us bloggers are helping one another find more followers and readers. It would be great if you could join in: http://new-yorkdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/promote-your-blog-again.html
    If you have facebook, I would be so so so grateful if you liked my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll
    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aimee! I will definitely be checking the challenge out soon! xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx