Sunday, September 16, 2012

Transitional phase


Once again, the renowned Columbian designer, Haider Ackermann has stolen my heart with his exquisite Fall/Winter 2012 collection. I must admit though that there were certain pieces I found that didn't appeal to me as much as his other collections. However, the six pieces above sent my heart running for the hills to join Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.

His inspiration was taken from "Autumn Leaves" and he had tried to make his collection as "pure" as possible, which shows in the pieces above since they are mostly monochromatic colors. However, he stated that he couldn't help but wrap different fabrics and materials together. I liked how he integrated peplums and slits in the navy blue outfit. And the low necklines really did it for me, which usually calls out "attention-seeker" yet he managed to make it classy even with the leather gloves! Only Ackermann could do this... Unlike his other collections, where he mixed and matched silks, this time around there were numerous pieces combined together with leather (did that just rhyme?). Which I absolutely love. I love how leather can give off a complete different edge to a feminine outfit. And for that, I salute Sir Haider Ackermann. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow these are so fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

    Love,
    Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

    Love,
    Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx