Thursday, December 27, 2012

Free

Aldo silver choker.
Decided to get an early morning start to the day as I woke up suddenly from a bad dream. It's kind of funny that life sometimes startles you with things you haven't thought about in a while. 

Let me share a little secret with you Diem-ers. If you go back to my very first post, you will see that I posted my very first post on November 3rd, 2010. Back then, I was at a very low point in my life and I'm sure you can all relate, I was going through a transitional period where I had decided to stop seeing the man that broke my heart. November 3rd was our anniversary, so on that very day, I had decided enough was enough. No more crying, no more of the nonsense. I was going to forget about him and I was going to work on myself for a change.

That was when Carpe Diem 13 was born.
Oversized sweater (my dads), Urban Outfitters leatherette skirt, Zara strappy sandals.
I'm not going to lie, I do still think about him at times, whenever one of our songs plays on the radio or when I have random dreams about him such as today. But every time I do, I get my ass (pardon my French) off of bed and I go and do something to better myself. And that is why one of my 13 commandments is "Thou shall not waste one's time dwelling over the past but instead use one's past mistakes as a tool for a better future." 

Use your pain and integrate it into your work or your past times. If you're an artist, draw your emotions onto paper. If you're not an artist, learn to draw! Do something new. Anything to take your mind of it and put your mind into some sort of project. Trust me, this helps 100%. Not only does it help but the best kind of work people have done have been inspired by their emotions. Just take a look at Adele, her whole album was about heartbreak and look where she is today.

I'm telling you all this as a piece of advice. Don't just keep on thinking about the what ifs and whys. Make peace and come to terms with what has happened and move on. And one day, when you look back, you'll actually think of how silly you were to have let one man affect you so much.


Now November 3rd will forever be known as the birth of Carpe Diem 13.

10 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for checking out my blog! I find this post to be very relatable in so many ways.

    http://mrohsowrong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those shoes amazing thanks for checking my blog i am now following you it be nice if you
    keep checking my blog <3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I for sure will keep checking your blog out :)

      Delete
  3. I love your shoes!

    http://n-julie.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and for your comments :)) I love your blog and these shoes are awesome!! Keep in touch :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure we'll keep in touch! :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting post! Glad you turned negative energy into positive! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award :-) Please check my post here:
    http://lifeasart215.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx