Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Prerogative

I've been MIA, and I only posted my first post in AGES yesterday, if you want to know what I have been up to, click here.

The following products in the pictures below are ones that I consider my top 3 winter beauty picks of 2012. The reason for this is because on the way to Dubai, I had a 5 hour layover at London Heathrow's airport, and I tried these products out and fell in love. As I have not purchased them yet, I can't really say that they are great products but they actually have been raved about in the beauty industry.

Firstly, I am in love with Tom Ford's cosmetic packaging. It exudes classic beauty and elegance as well as luxury. Even though Tom Ford's lip color has got a lot more trendy shades than the Black Orchid one, I feel like if I were to purchase a product in that price range (about $50) then it would have to be a classic color that I would be able to keep wearing continuously every winter season. And since the burgundy lip colors seem to be a recurring winter trend, it is suitable that I chose it for my "winter beauty picks."


As for Tom Ford's brow sculptor in Espresso, I'm not much of an eyebrow pencil fan as I feel that it is too harsh and ends up looking too fake, I usually prefer to use matte eyeshadows for my brows. However, Tom Ford made me change my mind as there is a brow brush at the end of the pencil, which is used after you apply the shade in order to make it less harsh. Tom Ford's brow sculptor line has 4 different shades, and usually I would opt for a lighter shade such as Chestnut, but seeing as it is winter, I decided on the Espresso shade.

And last but not least, the YSL Manifesto perfume is a subtle yet very bold scent. I know that was very contradictory of me to say, but what I mean by that is it isn't over the top to the point that it is overwhelming. It has a jasmine flower scent and a hint of vanilla bean. What I love the most about it is that the scent stays on for days. It's been 2 days since I've been back and the sleeve of my sweater as well as the scent strip that I sprayed the perfume on STILL smell like the amazing Manifesto.

And there you have it, my top 3 winter beauty picks. Hopefully once I have purchased these products I will take a photo of how it looks on. Till then, keep Diem-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx