Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Regenerating


A few days ago, I tweeted about these heels that I fell in love with. And ever since, I have been day dreaming as well as actually dreaming about them. So today, I decided, since I was already seeing them everywhere why not illustrate them and make a post about it?

So I decided to do an art/fashion post. Nothing better than combining two of my passions together.

Thing is, I have never used Adobe Illustrator to draw anything realistic-looking. Yes, I know the basics of illustrator, and I know how to draw garments on it, but for those of you who use Illustrator or have tried, you'll know it's not easy to shade and make skin look realistic. I've always tried to find some time to learn how. What better than today? If you know me by now, you'll know I love challenging myself. So that's exactly what I did. 

At first, I wanted to do the model shown above, but I decided to take it slow and just do the bottom half  of the outfit first before moving on to something more difficult. This "project" took a while, four hours to be exact. And my back is actually killing me right now. But it's all worth it for the final outcome, I feel like for the first try it's not bad at all. I definitely need to work more on shading. 

But practice makes perfect, right?




One of the best things about Adobe Illustrator is that you can do as many replicates as you want, and you can even do them in different shades, colors, sizes and even make adjustments to the style. In Alexander Wang's Spring RTW 2013 collection, he only made these heels in white and black. I've made a grey and nude tone, as you can see, to see how it would look like.

P.S. If any of you know what these heels are called, please please please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx