Monday, December 24, 2012

Walking in a winter wonderland


Click to enlarge.
I'm so so so so happy it's Christmas Eve! This is one of the reasons why I love this time of the year. Everyone's always so happy, the scent of the turkey in the oven in the air, Christmas carols, stockings, presents! You see where I'm going with this. It's just so jolly all around. I've been listening to Christmas songs all morning too! If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen that I posted some Christmas songs as well as a preview of this post.

So the main focus of this post is the PUPA "Mascara Vamp!" I'm not one to usually experiment with mascaras. I usually like them black and that is that. When I was in Montreal, though, buying some gifts for my sisters, I found a purple-toned mascara, and was immediately attracted towards it.

For those of you with brown eyes, beauty experts say that purple eyeshadows/eyeliners are the way to go as they automatically bring out the brown color of your eyes. And what I really liked about PUPA's mascara is that it is a very subtle purple when you're not in direct contact with daylight, so it's not too "in your face." But I also love how, in the light, it's a very intense purple. It also volumizes and elongates the lashes.

What I didn't like about it is that the mascara brush, itself, does not allow your eyelashes to separate, thus making it very clumpy.

They also have other shades, including green and blue. If you would like to see them, click here.

Mascara in the light.
I decided to leave the rest of my makeup plain just using a black liquid liner to contrast the purple. By the way, Maybelline's master precise liquid liner is amazing! It comes in the form of a pen and it allows you to apply a very fine line to your upper lids.

I didn't use any eyeshadow on my lids, the reason I put the Benefit's eye contour kit on the collage is because I used the dark brown shade on my brows. I love this kit because I once stayed at a friends place for a whole week and only brought this kit, a red lipstick shade and mascara and I didn't feel as though I needed anything else! (I will do a post on this real soon)

Have an amazing Christmas Eve and Christmas day everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. really good post :) follow my blog
    www.callmemrsfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx