Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shine ya light

Forever 21 black lace top, Zara high-waist leggings, Zara rhinestone stiletto heels, H&M chunky necklace
My last night out consisted of my good girlfriends and I going to an amazing restaurant called Margaux, which is at the Souk al Bahar in Downtown Dubai, followed by a night club called Boudoir. I can't even begin to describe how much of an amazing night it was. I love nights with my close girlfriends because of the fact that I will never find anyone like them. I'm truly blessed. I'm not going to start preaching because this is an outfit post, and I don't want to get too emotional.

Long story short, when it comes to girls night out, I love getting all dolled up. I guess I'm stating the obvious since I do write about fashion and beauty.

I combined a pair of high-waist leggings with a lace top which made me feel very much Victorian, as that was the era lace was invented. (Fun fashion fact of the day) The chunky necklace consisted of big black and silver beads connected to a silver chain which gave the outfit a modern touch.

On another note, I've got love handles and I'm not five feet tall, and according to today's society high-waist does not work for bodies like mine. But without a doubt, I disagree, I believe that voluptuous girls should flaunt it. After all, Marilyn Monroe was a size ten. So everyone, let this be a lesson: do not go by society's rules. I'm not trying to be different by saying that, but there's a lot of things that I do not believe in. For example, marriage. But let's not get too off-topic, I'm just saying, there's a lot of things that people should not be followers all the time. Yes, this is kind of ironic of me to say since I do follow the latest trends in fashion.

But I can't help how pretty they are!

Sue me.

Continuing on, another thing I loved about the Zara leggings besides the high-waist is that the bottom part of the leggings had zippers on the back, which allowed the stilettos to show. I bought the stiletto heels out of impulse while looking for heels to wear in Canada. That did not work as planned, I ended up buying these and I brought them with me here even though it is -2 degrees Celsius. Hey, they say beauty is pain, well fashion is... you have no idea how much im going to cringe right now... passion. Ew. I cant believe I just said that. It's true though. But still, ew.



4 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! And I think it was the perfect outfit for the occasion!


    http://lifeasart215.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOT!!!!!!
    gorgeous and amazing style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx