Monday, April 8, 2013

Mirrors


It's been a while, but once again life has kept me preoccupied and not to mention, going on full speed. It is my final semester in fashion school, and I honestly cannot wait for the next step. I am finally graduating in less than a month WOOHOO!

Anyhow, I decided to do a quick post on one of my favourite couturists, Alexis Mabille. One thing I love about the spring time is the pale colors that show up after months of black and greys. I'd pick pastels over bright colors on any given day. There's something about pastels that capture my attention more than summer colors. These three colors shown above, in particular, are the ones I will be keeping my eye on this spring.

The use of organza fabric in Alexis Mabille's collection is gorgeous, making a lot of the fabric hold its structure and gives the whole outfit texture. It reminds me of my 6th birthday when I, myself, strutted around in a mint green organza dress (see below). Back to the point, seeing these outfits I immediately thought of making an illustration with ice cream. I'm not sure what is up with me and comparing fashion to food. I guess it kind of shows my obsession with all things yummy.

My favourite dress out of the bunch would have to be the last on the right. The organza roses and the mermaid-style (fit and flare silhouette) dress is just too much for me to handle. I love it.
Mini me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting fellow Diem-er! xx