So you all are probably wondering, “Why Carpe Diem?” The answer is simple.
Carpe diem is a Latin phrase meaning “seize the day;” put no trust in the future, as you never know where life may take you. Just live life to the fullest, whatever comes to mind, just do it. After all, you’ve only got ONE life to live.
Personally, I think that everyone should have a list of crazy things to do before the age of 50 (50 being my scary age, and just to let you know, after my mom had read this she came to me and shouted out: WHY IS 50 YOUR SCARY AGE?! I'M 50, MADONNA'S 50! THERE'S NO PROBLEM WITH 50. And I'll tell you all what I told her, "It's just my scary age! You're still beautiful, mommy.") Here are a couple of things I would like to do:
• Swim with sharks (to prove myself gutsy, and of course because I love them, I find them to be such misunderstood creatures!)
• Engrave my name on one of the pyramids in Egypt (to ensure that I have left my mark in this world amongst the most royal of them all)
Take Sean Kingston’s advice and go to the Tropics and sip on Piña Coladas.
• Go skydiving (to get over my fear of heights, I tend to get weak in the knees when faced with high altitude)
Go to Cuba and dance salsa in the streets – Dirty dancing style.
• Learn a million different languages! I currently know 5 languages: English (obviously), Spanish (still in progress), Tagalog (my 2nd language), French and Arabic. Next on the list: Italian and German. And at some point in my life I shall make MANDARIN my aim!
And the list goes on and on with more added to it every day, but I try to keep it on replay in my head just so that I don’t lose sight of the things I want to do at some point in my life. And so should you! Along the way, I will be crossing things out that I have done after the writing of this list.
But just so that there is no confusion: this blog is my sanctuary in which I feel at liberty to express my love of everything in life. Whether it’s style, art, beauty or books, it is my thoughts and my expressions alone that go into every post. Enjoy and browse through the wonders of my world.
As for the #13 in the name of my blog, I believe that there are 13 commandments to live by:
1) Thou shall not waste one’s time dwelling over the past but instead use one’s past mistakes as a tool for a better future. – Live your life with no regrets, everything that has happened was meant to for a reason.
2) Thou should’st never be anyone but themselves. – Never aspire to be someone you’re not, each individual person is unique and has something devastatingly beautiful about them. Why would you rid yourself of that?
3) Thou shall never feel inferior or be intimidated by others. – Standing up for something you believe in goes a long way. Don’t let others bring you down.
4) Thou should’st educate oneself with as much knowledge as possible. – Don’t be an ignorant fool; your brain is the one thing that will never betray you.
5) Thou should’st be optimistic about life. - Although there are a lot of downsides to this world, the positive things in life are equally as great if not more. Optimism is what keeps you going.
6) Thou should’st help those who are less fortunate than thee. – Helping others not only could save other’s lives, but it gives you an overwhelming sensation of being. There is nothing better when you feel like you have a reason for being put on this world.
7) Thou shall not mess with Karma. – Never intentionally hurt others when they’ve wronged you. Karma will do her job.
8) Thou shall never deprive their lives of happiness. – No matter what happens, count on yourself to be as happy as you can be. If you find yourself in a situation where you aren’t happy, do something about it. And if you find yourself with someone who has negative vibes, either change them or don’t deal with them at all. As selfish as it sounds, your happiness is what matters. No one should take that away from you nor should anyone be the primary reason for it.
9) Thou shall not talk about their goals without working hard to achieve it. – A goal without a plan is just a dream.
10) Thou shall attain inspiration from life’s simple things. – Get inspired by anything you do, the little things in life is what make it so great. Keyword: ice cream on a cone.
11) Thou should’st not limit one’s capabilities. – Step outside your comfort zone and do something different from your interests. You could accomplish something you never thought you could.
12) Thou shall not let failure cease their life. – Remember this: If you are not failing, you are not trying hard enough. Failure is what makes you learn, and it is what makes you a better person. Don’t give up.
For more information, or just comments in general, e-mail me at: email@example.com